Tuesday, October 9, 2012

1940s Collection

I had such a lovely time with my family in England but haven't made any miniatures for two weeks!
So, I thought I'd show you some miniatures that I've been collecting for a 1940s house. I have them in a display cabinet for the time being as I haven't got the house yet.
 I fell in love with the 3 piece suit by Jill Roan and just had to have it although it didn't go with anything else I had! I also bought some lovely Clarice Cliff style pottery.
 My dear friend Bob made me the tea trolly, also the picture frame, radio and table they're on.
 The lovely crochet cushions are by a lady I've seen at fairs in England called Agneta I think she's Swedish.
I miss my family but so pleased to be home in the sunshine again!
Have a good week,


11 comments:

  1. El estilo de los 40 es precioso y tu casa también el tocadiscos es precioso
    Un abrazo
    GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill, Oh I just love this vintage style! The art deco mirror is fabulous, and the radio! Such great friends, and aquaintances you have! Can't wait to see it all in a mini house! Have a great week, welcome home xoxo Christel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely with a vacation now and then. It is also important to take time off once in a while, maybe this is the place to get thinking and new ideas will be born.
    It is a very beautiful and special collection you have made here.
    Enjoy the sun
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet style. Very deserving their own house.;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me gusta este estilo , los sillones son perfectos y la ceramica preciosa . Te quedara una casa estupenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gillian,
    I Love the idea of a 40's house. Have you picked out a style for the house yet?
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this style. My Mother used to have a fireplace and a radio like that :)Fantastic pieces I love the mirror. The little cushions are beautiful.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate also. This could be my aunts parlor... Great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What very beautiful pieces you have collected Gill & what a fabulous mini project! Can't wait to see your progress! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are some lovely things in that little collection. You need to get them a property now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unas piezas magníficas. Espero que hayas pasado unos días muy felices junto a tu familia. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete