Thursday, October 5, 2017

Christmas Patchwork

Forward thinking is quite an unusual thing for me to do, but I needed a project to take on holiday last month.
Not one for sleeping on a sun lounger all day I packed a zipped pouch with scraps of material, needle, thread and scissors and put together some tiny hexagon patches.
The fabrics were snippets of silver, white and blue fabric left over from a full-size heart wreath I made last year, so without thinking, I had moved on to Christmas mode.

Over the last few days, I have been sewing them together, making small patchwork mats for the Christmas table. Today I finished the last one.




The lovely little Christmas cake was made by Linda Cummings
My summer holiday project is now finished, well in time for Christmas. I suppose I should now start making something in readiness for Easter!
It's almost the weekend, Have a good one,

7 comments: