Tuesday, September 8, 2026

I'm Still Here! Still Making Miniatures!


Hello again, to anyone who may look here occasionally and wondered what has become of me!
I noted that generally, blogs were less frequented and less fashionable than they were but recently I've been drawn towards favourites of mine that have continued through these times of Tik Tok and Instagram. One of my favourite Insta friends also has a blog, so I decided to liven up mine in the hopes that we bloggers can survive and share amongst ourselves our thoughts and wisdom once more.
It's an outlet for our voices; not just for pretty pictures, but for help and assistance. 

I'm still a collector and maker of 12th scale dollshouse miniatures. I measure in inches, as they did in the beginning.

It's been a few years since I was last here; we have lost our Queen and now have King Charles III.
I bought a miniature tea pot for the pageantry section in my Gift Shop


We've just had another Football World Cup Challenge - I made some shirts, of course, because in the past years I have been making clothing!

Making miniature clothing is something I've spent considerable time doing. Perfecting the look of realism is the most important part.

I set myself the challenge from the start to make my clothing look realistic in a wardrobe. I want them to hang properly. I don't want arms sticking out horizontally. I want a slim, draped look.

My clothes will not fit a doll. They are not intended to. I make them to hang on the back of a door, to fill a shop stand, to hang in a wardrobe and look natural.


Besides this, I continue modernising the big house. Filling the kitchen drawers and cupboards has been fun. 
Do you love to nosey into other people's drawers like me? 

The lovely Pepper certainly does; she looked at my photos and decided things were sadly lacking under my sink and gave me more cleaners! 
I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or insulted! Pepper has a blog here: mitchymoominiature.blogspot.com


If you've read this, I thank you and hope you'll return.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment