Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Victorian House Renovation Continues

The Victorian house renovation work is overwhelming at times. I feel it will never be finished.

I was able to take bits outside this summer and do the dusty, sanding work, so now, all the window frames have been painted and reglazed.
All the interior walls have been lined with paper and painted.
I'd previously scored floorboards for the Victorians on the ground and third floors so I have painted these white. I have to think what to do with the others yet.

Meantime I have worked on the ground floor Customer Toilet. As this will be enclosed I had to put everything in the corner first because I will not get my hand inside the doorway once the walls are fixed. 
I started with the floor covering, I made up some tiling and printed it to size then sprayed it with a satin finish inkjet fixer. 
I spent a day outside, beneath the sunshade cleaning the Victorian bathroom tiles of all the old glue and paper. 
I find the best way to tile a wall is to glue the tiles onto a piece of graph paper. This allows you to line them up well and once finished it is easier to place the tiles as a pre-made sheet. I also glued the skirting to the paper below the tiles before putting on the wall. 

Next, I put in the toilet, then placed the skirting on the side wall.

The basin was added next, with mirror above. I added some soaps and box of tissues, followed by the toilet roll holder and a paper towel dispenser. I was happy to reuse all the old fixtures and only needed to replace the toilet paper.

All of this will only be seen through the open doorway so I resisted the idea of making a waste bin and of putting up a hook for customers to hang their coat or bag!

Currently, I'm putting a light into a false ceiling which will be installed with the walls. I spent a couple of hours yesterday testing all the lights and wiring that I have for best effect. 
More soon, I hope,

No comments:

Post a Comment