Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

At last I have managed to get back to my blog, just in time before Christmas!
Considering we are having no visitors at our house this year and I've not been cooking or madly buying last minute presents, I've still been mega busy with real life.
My poor husband had to have an operation -  nothing to worry about but he has to be home for six weeks and take things easy. It is quite like having a child around me wanting his meals, another drink or even my company! I usually have all the days to myself and I'm having to adjust but now he has a new TV and DVD player to play with so I have managed to escape for a while! Ha ha! It's not really so bad!
Last night I decided to set up an Etsy shop to sell some of my gifts from my Tea Shop. I was still setting up when some of my items disappeared. I was worried that I had made a mistake but in fact there had been a customer already and last night I sold three items and another this morning! I am so happy but think this might be a full time job, loading up my shelves in the little shop!

Can anyone tell me how to activate a link on my blog? I have put in the address for my Etsy shop but it does not 'work'. The same thing when I put a notice for someone's giveaway, it does not link. I would appreciate some help!

Tomorrow, Christmas Eve is our wedding anniversary, so we love Christmas time very much.
We are spending Christmas day at a friend's house, there will be 25 of us for dinner and Secret Santa - almost as exciting as waiting to open our gifts from Caterina's Christmas Swap!

Now I just want to wish you all a really happy time this Christmas and hope you all have a wonderful new year. See you all in 2011!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new Etsy shop. I'm sure your minis are going to sell very well. Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he'll get well soon. Tomorrow Santa is coming to visit my house (at 3 o'clock to be precise :)) and I'll finally get to open the christmas present you sent me. Now you must be wondering why tomorrow but I'll have to tell you a secret... Santa lives here in Finland, yes he does... In Lapland not the Northpole... That is why we finns get to open the presents a day earlier than the rest of the world. Ha ha. I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year!
    Kaisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your etsy shop, lovely things, and a Happy Christmas! My other 'arf is also needing some nursing at the moment.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your secret about Santa, Kaisa! I hope you and you family have a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gill hello! I'm sorry for your husband, I hope the rest, and the proximity of your sweet little wife a nurse, can do so get well soon! ha ha!
    tomorrow I'll open all the packages that I received, even your! I'm excited!
    congratulations on your shop!
    I also wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
    hugs, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Anniversay and a very Merry Christmas to you. Irene X

    ReplyDelete